Thursday, October 20, 2011

Staffulty Spotlight: Mrs. Shelton

Mrs. Shelton is the administrative assistant to GLHS principal, Mr. Carter. Mrs. Shelton has contributed so much to GLHS in her career that we decided to highlight some of favorite memories!


                                                                Mrs. Cindy Shelton

McCloud: Tell me about yourself.
Shelton:  I grew up in Tipp City, Ohio and graduated from Tippecanoe High School. I have an Associate's degree in Medical Lab Technology from Columbus State Community College. I am also a 25 year Longaberger Consultant. I have been married to my husband Jon for 32 years and I have two grown sons. My sons are Jason and Kevin and they both graduated from GLHS. I also have a daughter-in-law Katie. We have a rescue schnauzer named Nickles. I have served on various church committees and the PTO. I am currently an Administrative Assistant to the principal, Mr. Carter and I serve on the Lions Advisory Board at GLHS.


 

McCloud: What are your hobbies and what do you like to do for fun?
Shelton:  I enjoy walking, golfing, and other various sports. I also like to read, shop, eat out, travel and spend time with family and friends.


 
McCloud:  How long have you been working at GLHS?
Shelton: I have worked at GLHS for 14 years and prior to that I worked at High Point Elementary.

McCloud: What do you like best about working at GLHS?
Shelton: My favorite part about working at GLHS are the students and staff.


 
McCloud: What are some fond memories from working at GLHS?
Shelton: I have had the opportunity to work with three dedicated principals in my years here. I also love to watch as the students excel in academics and extracurricular activities. The excitement and enthusiasm at GLHS is there on a daily basis and I also have made many friendships with students, staff, and parents.


Blog article compiled by: Anna McCloud; Photo credit: Abby Leppert

No comments:

Post a Comment